[Ansteorra-rapier] New Society Rapier Marshal

Eyrny rapier at sca.org
Wed Jul 20 19:29:29 PDT 2011

Greetings unto all Rapier Fighters in the Known World from Baroness Eyrny

On August 1 I will be the new Society Rapier Marshal.  Many thanks to
Sir Thomas Logan for his time and effort put into this task over the
last few years!

I call Ealdormere home, and have been involved in rules development
for the Midrealm, Ealdormere, and a past revision of the the Corporate
rules. I love visiting Gulf Wars and Pennsic, and look forward to
getting to know people from more places.

One of my goals in my new job is to increase communication with
everyone doing rapier.  On Monday, August 8, on the Pennsic rapier
field, around 4 pm following the Don/Dona tournament, I will host a
Moot.

What's a moot, you may ask?  The word comes from the Anglo-Saxons, and
for Ealdormere it's a custom where everyone gathers, any Royalty take
off their crowns, and any topic may be discussed.  Questions can be
asked and anyone who knows can answer, proposals can be made and
commented on, pretty much anything polite goes.  One of the topics I'd
like to see discussed is KWAR, and whether there is interest in having
another one.  Please bring your thoughts and your own questions.

At other times, feel free to email me at rapier at sca.org or look me up
on Facebook (Eyrny Ormarrsdottir) and send me a message.

Please distribute this to all kingdom rapier lists, or other
interested lists, and if you're coming to Pennsic, I hope to see you
at the Moot.

Eyrny