[Ansteorra-rapier] Glaslyn Defender this weekend

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Mon Apr 2 19:10:29 PDT 2012

Greetings to my friends and fellow rapier fighters of Ansteorra.

I would like to extend a personal invitation to each of you to come
and fight for the title of Glaslyn Rapier Defender,  in what is
unquestionably one of the funnest tournaments in the kingdom: the
Glaslyn monkey tournament.

"What is a monkey tourney?" you ask. The short answer is it's crazy
fun. It's a single elimination, with a huge twist. The first round is
a standard paired, weapon optioned round. All winners continue to the
next round. All losers become part of the monkey horde. Monkeys carry
a single weapon only (no secondaries). The second round, all fighters
without a loss face two monkeys. Those who make it to the third round
face three monkeys, then four, and so on. Everyone, win or lose,
fights every round. It is a spectacle for the crowd, so everyone at
the list field is engaged until the end.

"Is it really that fun?" you ask? It carries the Hepburn's stamp of
approval, and comes with his personal guarantee that if you come and
fight in this tourney, you will have a lot of fun.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Regards,

Don Duncan Hepburn