[Ansteorra-rapier] White Scarf Anniversary

Gassion gassion_de_beaumarchais at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 18:16:41 PDT 2012

As a Cadet, I offer this.

1. If a peerage for rapier starts, it will be up to the kingdoms to decide if they wish to continue the WS or not.

2. As the WS is a multi kingdom treaty award, it can not be dissolved, in total, by any one kingdom nor can a peerage assume the WSs current insignia.  No matter what we "want".  So current WS holders would not  automatically be Peers.

3. IMHO, WSs are not equivalent to a peerage currently.  Although there are a number of WS that I feel would make great peers.  Many people have told me they feel I should already be a WS.  I doubt those same people would except me as a peer.  Odds are, I will not be elevated to either in the near future.  I except that truth to be of my own making.  I only mention it to bring to light the distinct difference in a GOA level award and a Peerage.  While the WS was created in the image of the peerages, it was not and can not be one.  If I've missed the mark, please educate me.

Gassion de Beaumarchais