[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

Andrew Heinrich andrew.heinrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 14:43:14 PDT 2012

Right, but you can still teach people point control, parries, etc, with
them. When they're ready for a legal weapon you can transition them over.
You then have the extra added benefit of not having to retrain them to use
good rapier technique. If you have folks fight with Epee, they inevitably
get into the efficiencies of that particular tool, efficiencies that do not
translate well to a proper rapier. You basically have to show them to use
an Epee wrong in order to show them how to use a Rapier correctly.

I'll be honest, though, I see *very* little reason to start anyone off on a
non-heavy rapier.  In fact, I can't think of any beyond medical concerns.

- Mateo