[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

Uillicc uilliacc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:17:49 PDT 2012

I hear many folks say they haven't had a call to use an epee' in
years...  I'd just add that my experience is a little different-  Even
though I've made far fewer tourneys in the last couple of years than I
would have liked-- I have had opponents express the wish to fight with
epee's on an average of 3 or 4 times a year, including this last year
(different occasions/opponents)...  I have been brought up to fight with
what my opponents prefer as a matter of courtesy-- and that being
proficient with whatever is in hand is my goal.

That said I am neither pro or anti on this weapon.  I just think it
important to note that while it is rarer than it was 10 years ago-- it
has not nearly disappeared completely.  I still carry one in my box--
it has a very nice Darkwood Epee' guard -swept bar with perf plate, but
lighter built than a rapier guard.

uillecc