[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

Jacq Ball jacqball at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:04:31 PDT 2012

There are written descriptions of what to look for when inspecting an
epee, but given the way epees break when they break, I'd much prefer
the inspecting marshal to have actually seen real life examples of
what does not pass. Otherwise, let them defer inspection to a marshal
who has.

As for the historical accuracy of the rapiers, it directly impacts
technique. Modern masks, chest and groin protectors don't. Helmets are
currently the minority head protection, yet if I show up to fight
wearing a helmet, it makes no difference to my opponent or the
marshals. I don't have to worry whether my opponent has a mask or
helmet.

-Jacques