[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:04:14 PDT 2012

At 02:43 PM 10/11/2012, you wrote:

>Which bring up an interesting point...
>
>Flexi daggers are subject to many of the same problems that cause
>the light rapiers to fail. Kinks, s-curve and such. Unless you kill
>the flexi dagger along with the light rapier, rapier marshals are
>still going to need to know these basic concepts.
>
>Candice

And just to muddle the matter further, Darkwood has recently come out
with something they call a Rapier Foil, which, judging by the
pictures, has a tip profile similar to a modern fencing foil. It's a
legal heavy blade under current SCA rules, but I would not be
surprised if it had the same sort of kink-or-S curve failure characteristics.
http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52&products_id=375

         -Tivar Moondragon