[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

David Cordes david.cordes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:31:17 PDT 2012

Oh, I agree, most of my arguments are hypothetical, however, in the
seven months I've now been in Bonwicke, I've seen epees out at least
half a dozen times (having never seen them being used in the four
years I was in Drachenwald!).  Several of those times were to allow
interested passers-by try fencing a bit (and given how he handled an
epee, I'm extremely glad that we didn't loan one of them anything
heavier!), a couple of times, since we offered them as options for our
Baroness to choose for us to fight with, they were chosen, and a
couple of times they were for the benefit of those with either
recurring arm problems, or arm/wrist-strength problems.

Clearly your experience has been different!

Asbiorn