[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

Peter Wohlers donpieter at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 16:01:09 PDT 2012

Why do people drive a 1975 olds cutlass? I dunno. Doesn't make much sense to me to use a weapon that over 90% of the kingdom (or many other kingdoms) doesn't even carry in their bags.

I have heard price but a Hanwei or Alchem are very reasonably priced and will last way longer then a foil or épée with normal use.

I have heard sportsmanship because some people think they will have an advantage over others with a light blade.

Fear? Fear of hitting or being hit with a rapier v an épée or foil.

Laziness?

Poor training?

Obama?

Take your pick. But none of those are a good excuse to keep relics out of the museum of Sca rapier history.

Pieter

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
Sent from my iPhone