[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:46:58 PDT 2012

  Actually, there are reasonable means for establishing competency.  It's
called a marshal's authorization.  I am not lightly bandying about terms.
 It was a serious and honest statement that if a marshal cannot inspect
something that is perfectly legal according to our rules, they are, by
definition, lacking in their training and qualifications and would,
therefore, not be competent.
  As to your pilot analogy, it is not analogous.  There are two separate
licenses for helicopters and airplanes.  It would be unfair to call a pilot
licensed to fly an airplane incompetent for not being able to a helicopter
if they do not hold that license.  It would also be unfair to call a rapier
marshal incompetent for not knowing how to marshal cut and thrust, because
those are two separate and distinct authorizations.  As Don Pieter pointed
out, that distinction does not currently exist between rapier combat (F&E)
and HR marshal authorizations, only with C&T.

Brian
Brian's