[Ansteorra-rapier] The Darkwood Rapier Foil ( was RE: Proposed revision to rapier rules)

Greg Coffman baroniago at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 05:29:26 PDT 2012

There are two being used in Shadowlands that I know of, by Crowley and
Staltus. They are thicker and stiffer than modern foils, and seem far more
resilient.
Iago

And just to muddle the matter further, Darkwood has recently come out with
something they call a Rapier Foil, which, judging by the pictures, has a tip
profile similar to a modern fencing foil. It's a legal heavy blade under
current SCA rules, but I would not be surprised if it had the same sort of
kink-or-S curve failure characteristics.
http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52&prod
ucts_id=375

         -Tivar Moondragon