[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:10:42 PDT 2012

At 12:56 PM 10/12/2012, you wrote:
>It seems some people object to banning the weapons and feel that
>getting special permission per event is too great a burden. Everyone
>seems to agree that the competence of marshals inspecting these
>weapons is important.
>
>What if we made F/E a separate marshal authorization? That should
>ensure the competence of marshals. Foil/epee tournaments could still
>occur with proper authorizations. Nothing would be banned. The
>situation would be similar to Cut &Thrust. The extra hoop to jump for
>foil/epee would be no more than any other authorization and the burden
>of maintaining extra gear and teaching marshals would only fall on
>those who wish to pursue it.

One possible problem with that suggestion is that most of the people
using the lighter blades are beginners who don't have a lot of
experience, and are probably not authorized as marshals yet. And I
doubt you'd find enough in one place to actually hold a separate
tournament (or if you did, it'd be like some of the rapier
tournaments in AS 11 or 12, which only had three or four people.)

         -Tivar Moondragon