[Ansteorra-rapier] Marshalling Class at War College

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 08:48:26 PST 2013

Fair Greetings,

For the past several years, people may have heard me grumbling about
the poor quality and lack of training of some of the marshals on our
combat fields (perhaps the worst example being the marshal who stood
by and watched a fighter go past him, through the ropes and do an
involuntary backwards somersault over a two-foot by four-foot
concrete block at Gilyan's Queen's Champion, back in AS 45.)

Well, rather than just grump quietly, I'm trying to do something
about it. I will be teaching a class on Marshalling at the Southern
Regional War College this weekend. If you're not sure if you're doing
it right, or if you want to learn to do it better, and even if you've
never marshalled at all but want to learn how, this is the class for you.

Note that this will be for both the armored and rapier fields, and
since it's at the War College, the focus will be on melee
marshalling. The class will be offered twice: at 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM

	-Tivar Moondragon
Baronial, Regional, Principality, Kingdom and Society Rapier Marshal
Marshalled at everything from Tiny Tourneys at fighter practice to
the main field battles at Gulf and Pennsic War, and at events in
fifteen different kingdoms.