[Ansteorra-textiles] horrible and better news

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 1 22:32:50 PDT 2002

I am behind on reading and responding:

> Hansel died in my lap about a 1/2 hour ago.   I think his lungs filled up
> over night, his breathing was really labored.

So sorry to hear about all of your babes!  It is horrible to see them go,
and especially like this.

> Mary is looking pretty good.  The live trap caught one of the dogs last
> night.

Good!  I hope it was the one with tags.

> Mary is looking pretty good, she has some ugly punctures on her leg but
she
> is up and around.  We just had a reporter out to do an article on the
> massacre and he took pictures of us cleaning her up.

Wonderful!  Also about the publicity.  If it teaches people to not let their
dogs run wild, it will be a good thing.

> Late this afternoon I caught the mom cat who's kittens the dogs
> had killed.  She was real good about it, curled up in my arms,
> purred and made bread.  She is now in our office bathroom.

Maybe she will be a keeper too.

And I agree with the others, if I can give any money towards a new flock,
let me/us know.  I am an officer in the Dallas Hand Knitting Guild and if
they can be a resource at all (maybe for the sheep, I'll post something in
the next - September - newsletter) let me know, or I'll let you know.

                                            ---= Morgan