[Ansteorra-textiles] Re: Ansteorra-textiles digest, Vol 1 #44 - 15 msgs

Robin Craig aceiatx at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 13:14:01 PDT 2002

Donkeys - Yes.

Nancy Falley in Lockheart raises and sells standard size 'guard' donkeys.  Her
number is 512-398-6642
She is my God-Mother-In-Law.
My husband (Conner Craig - AKA Little Conor Drummond) is her god-son.
She will be very saddened to hear about the problems you have had and will
probably be able to help you.
The only difficulty may be getting the Donkey to Dallas.
She also runs the American Indian Horse Registery and has a personal museum of
American Indian stuff.  She might have documentation for the donkeys also.

Hope that helps!
Robin Craig
AKA Robin Anderson of Ross

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 7
> From: "Victoria Owens" <vmowens at airmail.net>
> To: <ansteorra-textiles at ansteorra.org>
> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:47:51 -0500
> Subject: [Ansteorra-textiles] new flock
>
> Hi
>
> Any local references to Merino or Rambouillet breeders would be greatly
> appreciated.  We have really good 1850-1860's  Dallas area documentation for
> Merinos and Rambouillets.
>
> Our current plan is to get 6 sheep that are all from the same flock so that
> they will clump together well.  I'll talk to our director about setting up a
> fund for donations.
>
> Mary is looking pretty good, she has some ugly punctures on her leg but she
> is up and around.  We just had a reporter out to do an article on the
> massacre and he took pictures of us cleaning her up.
>
> If anyone knows any Milking Shorthorn aka Durham breeders that would be
> fabulous also.  Did someone say they knew someone who raised standard-sized
> donkeys?
>

> Thanks everyone!
>
> Kestral
>

> Victoria Owens
> Collections Mngr/Web Admin
> Old City Park:  The Historical Village of Dallas
> Visit Dallas' Premier Living History Museum
> http://www.oldcitypark.org

=====
Robin Craig

+++My name is NOT Glinda and I am NOT a good-witch! I don't have a magic wand and I don't have to make everything better!  I just have to be the best me I can be!