[Ansteorra-textiles] Old City Park update

Victoria Owens vmowens at airmail.net
Sat Aug 10 16:39:50 PDT 2002

Hi All

I just wanted to give you an update on how things are going here at Old
City Park.  The City is still working with us to catch the dogs and they
may have gotten one more of the miscreants on Thursday.

Our plan is to restock the farmstead at the beginning of October.  Our
cow passed away earlier this year so we are having to completely
restock.  A kind soul (I don't know if he wants his name mentioned) has
offered to buy chicks and raise them till Oct.1, then bring them up and
restock our chicken yard.

We found a donkey breeder south of Dallas who is going to donate a
standard x mammoth jackstock cross jenny.  As you may know donkeys are
frequently used as guard donkeys for sheep herds.  Jennies bond real
well with sheep.

A kind lady in Maryland contacted us, she is dispersing her herd and
happens to be driving to Dallas in September and she would be happy to
bring us some sheep.  I reviewed what breeds she has and if all goes
well, Flopsy and Mopsy, 2 registered Rambouillet ewes will be arriving
mid September!  We are rebuilding our flock with a breed that was
documented in Dallas Co. in the 1850's-60's.

If any one has any local references for breeders of
-Registered Rambouillets
-Registered Milking Shorthorns (aka Durhams) or Milking Devons, I'd love
to have their contact information.  I'm looking for 2 ewes, 2 wethers
and a pregnant cow.

Edwin, Eisen and I really appreciate all the support (in all its forms),
that you have give us.

Thank you

Kestral
http://www.oldcitypark.org/rebuild.htm