[Ansteorra-textiles] gulf war bags

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 3 07:13:27 PST 2002

> Hmmm.  Ok.  If we 'can't' do bags, then what other textile thing can we
> offer?  Socks?  The basic idea is a good one, and i'd hate to let it fall
> after one 'failure'. . . .

I've been part of the give-every-Crown-at-least-one-pair game.  It's a lot
of knitting!  But it can be fun, especially if you find out the right sizes
and use Kingdom colours.

I like the needleroll idea as well, something quite practical.  And it would
use bits of handwoven fabric people might have made, and sheepy bits, and
all sorts of things so that many in the Guild can share their skills in the
making of the items.

We could do goodie bags that contain goodies, of course, if there are those
among us that cook.  Some people make bags, some people make filling.

My ideas tend to be limited to what can be handsewn or knitted - do other
people have ideas?  A friend once taught people to make buttons, and they
made bags of string or fabric buttons as largesse.

                                        ---= Morgan

"There is no problem so serious that it cannot be set
  right by a sensible woman in an afternoon."
                              (From "The Madwoman of Chaillot")
"We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, saying
 'Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.' "
                ---= Willie Nelson and Toby Keith