[Ansteorra-textiles] cheese cloth

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 1 19:38:10 PDT 2002

> Does anyone know where I can find cheese cloth in northern ansteorra?
> or could give a description of what it is and it's consistency?

It is a VERY loosely woven fabric.  You can get it in some grocery stores,
but a lot of crafts stores have it too - Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's,
even Wal*Mart in the crafts area.  No kidding.  Apparently it gets made into
things like ghosts and angels if you do crafty things.

If you are looking to drain cheese or something, any plain white cotton
gauze should work, if well-washed and -boiled first.

If you go to a site like joann.com and type in "cheesecloth" you can get a
look at it.  And all the above stores have websites with storefinders so you
can see if there is an outlet in your area.

                                                    ---= Morgan

All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.
                --=- Sean O'Casey