[Ansteorra-textiles] Wool Fleece!

Robert and Beth Ellis killian at viptx.net
Wed Jul 17 15:38:47 PDT 2002

Hi All -
Yes, I am a fan of the washing machine method too, for my own stuff.  As Clare
says, be careful in gauging the temperature of your water, and don't let the
machine agitate or you'll end up with felt. At work I had to wash a bunch of
trash fleece (hey, it was free....) that was absolutely filthy.  There was no
access to hot water, so it got washed with cold.  Using big tubs, I washed it
twice using Dawn liquid, and then rinsed it twice.  To my surprise the fleece
came out fairly clean.  Especially since it was actually a rather fine grade
wool.

If you are really nervous about washing your wool, just practice with a small
piece of it at first.  Although washing instructions sound like a pain, it's
actually a pretty easy thing to do.
Corrinne