[Ansteorra-textiles] spinning wheels

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 16 16:15:15 PDT 2002

>Does anybody else on the list have a brand of wheel they really love
>(...or really
>hate...)?  How do you all feel about double drives versus Scotch tension?
>Corrinne

         I have a Ashford traditional that is currently in pieces waiting
for glue and fixing.  I just bought (very cheaply) a used Ashford Kiwi.  I'
m plotting with Tuhtahl on making wheels but we haven't gotten very far.

Of the two I actually prefer the Kiwi but it could be because it works and
the other doesn't.  I borrowed Gwenneth's Traditional for awhile in
exchange for cleaning and fixing it and I'm waiting for a parts kit.  Her's
spins better than my Trady so I'm not sure but the difficulties are
replaceable. (grin).

Clare