[Ansteorra-textiles] Re: Ansteorra-textiles digest, Vol 1 #36 - 8 msgs

Lady Eibhlin ladyeibhlin at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 10:19:16 PDT 2002

> Message: 1
> From: <lancastercommunity at sbcglobal.net>
> To: <ansteorra-textiles at ansteorra.org>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:16:36 -0700
> Subject: [Ansteorra-textiles] New Subscriber to the
> List

> --
> Glad tidings to all.  What a wonderful welcome at
> the signing on to your li=
> st.  I am Lady Annalies Pferdehirt, known variously
> as Lady Annalies, Annal=
> ies, Anne or Lady Anne. I enjoy weaving and have a
> couple of inkle looms, a=
>  couple of table looms and a 4 harness floor loom.
> I also enjoy knitting a=
> nd crocheting and would love to learn how to spin
> someday.  I am the princi=
> ple for the Stargate Weaving Guild, in the Barony of
> Stargate, in the Kingd=
> om of Ansteorra.  This does not mean that I am the
> knowledgable one, there =
> are many people with far more knowledge than I.  I
> also enjoy sewing, embro=
> idery, cooking, equestrian, and bardic.  I am
> currently the incoming Deputy=
>  Liaison for the SCA compound at the Texas
> Renaissance Festival.  I look fo=
> rward to hearing about anything related to textiles,
> and participating in t=
> he chats.  Thank you.
>
> In Service to all,
>
> Lady Annalies Pferdehirt
> --

Greetings and Welcome Lady Annalies,

Good to see you here.  :)

Lady Eibhlin  :)

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:05:00 -0500
> To: ansteorra-textiles at ansteorra.org
> From: Nancy Wederstrandt <nweders at mail.utexas.edu>
> Subject: [Ansteorra-textiles] some ideas
>

> I have been thinking of some areas that textile work
> could be encouraged
> and thought we could talk about some of them.  See
> if you all think it
> would be good.

So far it sounds great.

> A series of booklets about different types of
> textiles.   You know - period
> knitting - some basic research, pictures of it
> within period, bibliography,
> and maybe some projects -  a knitted reliquary bag,
> a Monmouth hat.  Or a
> booklet on the silk industry in Lyon.  Or Inkle/card
> weaving patterns...
> They booklets could be done very inexpensively and
> any profits could be
> used for the Kingdom A&S office or for prizes for
> areas of textiles (you
> knowGulf War or some thing.)

I would love to work on a project such as this.  Not
terribly good at writing, but I could help with
desktop publishing.

> A Symposium on the textile arts and a history of
> textiles.  Could be a
> separate event or a set of classes at King's
> College.

Saw the list of textile/fiber arts classes they are
having at Pennsic.  I can't attend that, but would
love to see similar topics covered down in this area.

> A traveling display that emphasizes the textile arts
> that could be set up
> at events.

Instead of a traveling display, maybe a pictorial
website where the display is virtual, and available
easily to all??  Just a thought.

> I have been thinking that we could set up meeting
> much like the one at
> Steppes and do some small workshops.  Nothing major
> and nothing
> planned.  More like - hey I'm gonna be att his event
> and I can bring my
> pots and we can natural dye outdoors....

Love this idea...not terribly formal...just fun.  A
lot of the events I go to have things for fighters,
but no A&S classes.  Let me know what I can do to
help.

Lady Eibhlin MacEogan
Minister of Arts & Sciences
Coastal Region

=====
Per bend wavy azure and or, a natural dolphin niant embowed and a needle bendwise threaded counter-changed