[Ansteorra-textiles] RE: Publishing of booklets

lancastercommunity at sbcglobal.net lancastercommunity at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 29 14:59:03 PDT 2002

I must admit that Gwenneth has a very good point.  If we are wanting to have this out there so that we can show others and interest them in the textiles, then we need something that is hard copy and in hand so that you can show people.  People that already know something of textiles may be on this list or may not, but we are no going to bring new people into this "art", or attract the attention of mundanes at a demo with out something that they can look at then and there.

Annalies

A question to everyone.  Why are we thinking of
> printing, and then mailing out the booklets.  Why not
> have the 'editor' compile them, and send them
> electronically to those who want them.  Its free..(a
> good thing), and then each person could print them out
> in the size/format they want.  Saves publication
> costs, and having to accommodate a variety of
> preferences for format.
>
> Lady Eibhlin

That would only make them available to those who already know of
them and want them.  If there are hard-copy examples at events,
they would be noticed by those who might otherwise never see
them.

Gwenneth