[Ansteorra-textiles] Wool Fleece!

audette at sapheron.org audette at sapheron.org
Tue Jul 16 14:11:12 PDT 2002

I have just received some raw wool to play with, and I need to figure
out how to clean it.  I know I need to be really careful to avoid
felting it when doing so, but I don't really know how to go abotu
cleaning it at all.

I saw someone once using two water bins, one with soap, I believe, and
both warm-ish.  She had a perforated tray that she gently lowered into
the one with soap, pushed the wool (in the tray) down to force water
through it (gently), and then did the same in the pure water bin.  And
repeated this several times.

Is this the right idea?  If so, what kind of soap should I use?  If not,
what should I be doing instead?

Audette