[Ansteorra-textiles] Wool Fleece!

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 16 16:11:21 PDT 2002

>audette at sapheron.org wrote:
>
> > I picked up a bunch of mesh boxes (plastic) and a few plastic tubs they
> > fit into, so I am hoping to use them.  Not much will fit in at once, but
> > I'm still fairly slow at spinning (hey, I'm using a drop spindle and
> > combs... *grin*), so not doing too much at a time is not a big deal.  I
> > live in an apartment, so it's likely best if I don't wash too much all
> > at once, as well. :)

         One of my mundane spinning friends uses the mesh boxes to dry her
stuff in.  I live in an apartment as well and I had for awhile an assembly
line of wet, damp, sheep bits every where....even my cats started getting
tired of sheep fleece.

And I generally use any degreasing detergent - though I've also used Dr.
Bronner's castile soap (especially lavender) and shampoo for oily hair.  If
you want to add a hair conditioner use  creme
rinse only.     Strangely the shampoo didn't work as well as the dish
washing detergrent but the creme rinse is kinda nice.

Do what Corrine suggests though and work in small bunches if if doubt.

Have fun!

Clare