[Ansteorra-textiles] spinning wheels

Victoria Owens vmowens at airmail.net
Tue Jul 16 16:23:25 PDT 2002

> Does anybody else on the list have a brand of wheel they really love (...or really
> hate...)?  How do you all feel about double drives versus Scotch tension?

Hi

At work we have a Reeves Saxony wheel and it is quite nice.  Has anyone tried the new
Kromski wheels?
They look very nice.

I haven't used a scotch tension since I first learned how spin.  I'm pretty
comfortable with the double drives.  My Swiss castle wheel has an Irish bobbin lead
and a brake.  For those unfamiliar with that configuration there is a single band that
runs in the groove of the bobbin and the brake looks like a scotch tension device but
turning the nob tightens a band over the top of the flyer near the orifice.  That has
taken a bit of getting used to.

Cheers
Kestral