[Ansteorra-textiles] some ideas

audette at sapheron.org audette at sapheron.org
Fri Jul 26 10:43:55 PDT 2002

I really like this idea, as well.  That way some
beginner/intermediate/advanced class sets could be done, too.

I might know enough to teach a beginner class in one or two areas.

Audette

Delphina Champeaux <lady_rapier at yahoo.com> said:
:I like the idea of an event for textiles... it could
:be a combo of classes and display/comp.
:
:Delphina
:
:--- Nancy Wederstrandt <nweders at mail.utexas.edu>
:wrote:
:>
:>
:> I have been thinking of some areas that textile work
:> could be encouraged
:> and thought we could talk about some of them.  See
:> if you all think it
:> would be good.
:>
:> A series of booklets about different types of
:> textiles.   You know - period
:> knitting - some basic research, pictures of it
:> within period, bibliography,
:> and maybe some projects -  a knitted reliquary bag,
:> a Monmouth hat.  Or a
:> booklet on the silk industry in Lyon.  Or Inkle/card
:> weaving patterns...
:> They booklets could be done very inexpensively and
:> any profits could be
:> used for the Kingdom A&S office or for prizes for
:> areas of textiles (you
:> knowGulf War or some thing.)
:>
:> A Symposium on the textile arts and a history of
:> textiles.  Could be a
:> separate event or a set of classes at King's
:> College.
:>
:> I read where a Barony in the East had drawn up their
:> own version of the
:> Bayeux Tapestry and everyone worked on it.  It was
:> like the mythic creation
:> of their Kingdom or Barony.  I remember seeing
:> pictures of it.
:>
:> A traveling display that emphasizes the textile arts
:> that could be set up
:> at events.
:>
:> I have been thinking that we could set up meeting
:> much like the one at
:> Steppes and do some small workshops.  Nothing major
:> and nothing
:> planned.  More like - hey I'm gonna be att his event
:> and I can bring my
:> pots and we can natural dye outdoors....
:>
:> What do you all think?
:>
:> Clare
:>
:> _______________________________________________
:> Ansteorra-textiles mailing list
:> Ansteorra-textiles at ansteorra.org
:>
:http://www.ansteorra.org/mailman/listinfo/ansteorra-textiles
:
:
:Do You Yahoo!?
:Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better
:http://health.yahoo.com
:Ansteorra-textiles mailing list
:Ansteorra-textiles at ansteorra.org