[Ansteorra-textiles] textile judging

Robert and Beth Ellis killian at viptx.net
Thu Jun 20 19:29:56 PDT 2002

> It was at the first Laurel's Prize Tourney and she submitted a roll of a
> heathery blue fabric that she had woven..... I think she made a robe out of
> it.  or an over dress.

I'll bet that was beautiful.  Wish I'd seen it.

> I also remember the warp weighted loom that was submitted a while back.

Wasn't that a fantastic entry?  I saw it in a competition about three years or so
ago.  The couple that entered it were very creative in their documentation - it
was written as if the reader had just entered their weaving shop.  As I recall,
the text was presented as if the "shop owners" were having a conversation with the
person "visiting" the shop.  The "conversation" gave all the necessary particulars
of good documentation, but in a format that was extremely entertaining for anybody
looking at the entry.  What the entry consisted of was a warp weighted loom and
associated weaving implements.  They had it set up so that anybody could try their
hand at the weaving on the thing.

Corrinne