[Ansteorra-textiles] Introduction

RAISYA at aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Thu May 16 13:25:04 PDT 2002

Thanks, Clare, from me too!

I'm Raisya from the Shire of Shadowlands, and I've been in the SCA for about
22 years.  My first love is spinning, and I also card weave and inkle weave,
and I've dabbled in loom weaving, sprang, knitting and other things, and I
love to research all of them.  I'll try spinning almost anything, including
samples of buffalo down and dog fur, and I think I've tried almost every
variation on spindles (and now own one of most of them), and I have a wheel.
We have an informal fiber guild here that meets at my place about every other
week, but most of the time, it's me and one other person.

In real life, I work in the library at Texas A&M University, and I have two
teenagers.  However, their lien on my life runs out in about 5 years <G>.

Raisya