[Ansteorra-textiles] A Mediaeval Sheep breed

sscott at datuma.com sscott at datuma.com
Thu May 16 15:25:41 PDT 2002

> I have a Council for British Archaeology Report with an article about
> British Mediaeval sheep.  Its is in my pile of things to copy for
> Clare.  So who else wants a copy?  Anyone want a copy of the Plictho
> (Italian dyeing manual) also?   Also, I you haven't encountered the
> Oklahoma State Breeds of Livestock page it is a must see.
>
> Kestral

I would love to have a copy of the sheep article.  Is the dyeing
manual useful to someone who does not speak Italian?

Does anyone have any information on how close any modern
breeds are to medieval breeds?  I mean, they may be descended
from medieval breeds and have the same name, but is there any
way to tell if they have changed much, what with hundreds of years
of breeding and environmental changes from being moved to a new
continent?

Gwenneth