[Ansteorra-textiles] Re:A Mediaeval Sheep breed

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 16 17:05:51 PDT 2002

>The CBA article discusses how some of the references to Mediavel breeds
>don't match the current breeds with that name.  I have found that most good
>breed histories will discuss the breed improvements or lack of.

I read something today about the fact that the Babydoll Southdown are more
like the medieval sheep than regular southdowns.  They bred them up to get
more meat and taller sheep.  Babydolls are very cute.... they smile... (a
lot).   You have to not shear them for 18 months to get fiber long enough
to spin..... They make great lawn mowers....

Clare