[Ansteorra-textiles] Introduction

Darius and Monica dmriney at earthlink.net
Fri May 17 19:51:40 PDT 2002

Greetings to the fine gentles on the Textiles List.  My name is Rosalia O
Brogan.  I hale from the Barony of Elfsea for about forever and more
actively for eight years and still counting.  In my spare time, when I am
not in the role of Star Principal or mother of three (Briana, Abegail, &
Master Darius), I enjoy a variety of textile arts.  Let's see, where do I
start..........  my mother taught me to knit, long ago, right before I made
that pilgrimage into the arabian desert.  Over the years I have enjoyed
spinning (wheel & drop spindle), embroidery (wide variety), knitting,
weaving (all types: inkle, backstrap, card, floor loom, tapestry -- are
there any others? - oh yeah warp weighted, but that is to come :D ), natural
dyeing, bobbin lace, costuming, cleaning - combing - preparing wool to spin,
and just about any other insanity that I can find.

I love to research how stuff is done so that I can do it too or just have
the knowledge.  It is so much fun to be able to find patterns in fabric or
the weave of a fabric and be able to know what area the colors and weave
patterns are available in.  The pure elation of taking a piece of wool from
just fibre to a finished product such as a scarf, mittens, or even a dress
is just awesome.

Mundanely, I am a Quality Assurance Technician / Analyst for Pratt & Whitney
(yes the people that make aircraft engines on the airplanes that you fly
in).  I make sure that it is safe to be in the air traveling and driving
under those big things that fly.  I also am a Continous Improvement
Manager/Pilot for my facility.  I live in Arlington and work in Carrollton.
I have 2 daughters, 1 husband, and 3 cats - who by the way, do not mess with
my fiber :)

Hugs,
Rosalia