[Ansteorra-textiles] knitted socks, stockings, hose and knitted lace

V. Owens vmowens at airmail.net
Tue May 21 11:12:12 PDT 2002

Gerita:

Do some on-line searches and the patterns for the Gunnister Burial
Stockings and Eleanor of Toledo's stockings should come up. I believe an
interpretation of Eleanor's stockings was also in a TI a few years ago.
I have more references but it is all at home.

As for knitted lace, I would be very interested in seeing any references
to knitted lace during our period. I had been told years ago that it was
outside our time period, but that was ages ago and our research keeps
getting better.  Currently I'm fixated on 1800's knitted lace edgings.

Kestral