[Ansteorra-textiles] a couple of questions.

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 22 08:18:03 PST 2002

that's true Gwynneth.

Also I should be able to get your wheel cleaned and back to you in good
order in December.  I'm waiting on one little part.

I do  have

Shetland in a couple of colors.

A type of sheep that is being considered for a breed  - Salish but is a
actually a mixture of breeds that the Northwest Salish indians have been
using to spin.  I have two (Lars - a lovely grey and fudge who's also a
lovely silver brown )  Actually Kestral has Fudge but she's mine and
Kestral has to give her back.    Did you spin any yet?

I have a white shetland that has tons of double cuts so it's going for felt
projects. Want to work on Mongolian boots.  The good parts may be enough to
distribute. I don't remember her name but she was free for going and
cleaning marketable fleeces.

A really bad experiment with Icelandic that I got so cheap but was so full
of burrs it wasn't worth it.

Let me look.  I have stuff.  Hmmm ,  maybe we should have a gathering and
do trades and barters.... (grin).

Eleanor I bet could be persuaded to spin up woolen embroidery thread.
(grin).  She spins that fine and consistent - Can you tell I'm envious.

Clare