[Ansteorra-textiles] gift bags

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 27 06:14:39 PST 2002

> > > Traditionally the inside fabric was wool, so the lanolin could help
> > > keep the needles from rusting.
> >
> > Interesting!  I assume this was fleece or carded, unwashed roving?  Was
> > there a layer of fabric over it to keep the fluff from floating away, or
was
> > the grease enough?
>
> No, I was referring to fabric.  I suppose that it could be woven or
> felted (or both).  I will try to remember to find the reference.

I'll be interested to see this, Gwenneth.  I have used wool scraps also
(just figured that people in this climate are more likely to have flannel
than wool), but by the time it's fabric, isn't most if not all of the
lanolin gone?  Or am I missing a fact?

                                    ---= Morgan

"There is no problem so serious that it cannot be set
  right by a sensible woman in an afternoon."
                              (From "The Madwoman of Chaillot")
"We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, saying
 'Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.' "
                ---= Willie Nelson and Toby Keith