[Ansteorra-textiles] gift bags

sscott at datuma.com sscott at datuma.com
Wed Nov 27 07:27:18 PST 2002

> I'll be interested to see this, Gwenneth.  I have used wool scraps also
> (just figured that people in this climate are more likely to have flannel
> than wool), but by the time it's fabric, isn't most if not all of the
> lanolin gone?  Or am I missing a fact?
>
>                                     ---= Morgan

Well, it is on what I use!  (Either the wool is already scoured, or it
is so dirty that I have to scour it to get the dirt and plant bits out.)
However, I have seen many references to spinning wool with the
lanolin still in it, and I would suppose that it would not create any
problems with weaving to leave the lanolin in.  Of course, you
couldn't dye it.  I do not know how lanolin would affect felting; I have
never tried it.  (It's one of the many things on my list.)  If I wanted
fabric with lanolin, though, I would probably cheat and reintroduce
the lanolin after the fabric was done.

Gwenneth