[Ansteorra-textiles] wool fabric with lanolin

Robert and Beth Ellis killian at viptx.net
Fri Nov 29 09:10:13 PST 2002

No matter how well I wash a fleece, the grease never completely comes out of it.
That's ok though, since a touch of grease makes it easier to spin, and over the
years I've actually grown to like the slight sheepy smell.  I can't stand spinning
an unwashed fleece 'cause of the yechy hands thing, but when doing so I always got
a really smooth yarn  - which is the kind of yarn I prefer.  Kind of hilarious
when you think about it.

I think a woven needle case liner spun from washed wool would still have plenty of
grease left in it to protect the needles.
Corrinne