[Ansteorra-textiles] roll call

Robert and Beth Ellis killian at viptx.net
Thu Nov 28 11:21:11 PST 2002

I'm Corrinne, and I live in Stonebridge Keep (Victoria).  I do mainly cloth
weaving and spinning, but I also like to weave tabby bands in various
techniques.  I've dabbled in tablet weaving, but for some reason it's never
"grabbed" me (I expect it's just waiting to pounce at some point....).  I also do
basket weaving.  Lately I've been spending a lot of time spinning in preparation
for a woven project, which I'm about to load on the loom.  I also have been
playing with a pair of Viking Combs I got at Gulf War last year - so that's been
alot of fun, and it intimidates my husband (laugh!).  I got them because I love
worsted yarn for weaving, but expected to hate the process because I really
dislike carding.  Surprise!  Combing's fun.  I'm really into researching very
early period and pre-period archaeological textiles, and I enjoy spinning and
weaving stuff that is inspired by them.  I do other stuff too, like playing
recorders, tatting, crocheting, etc.