[Ansteorra-textiles] projects

Robert and Beth Ellis killian at viptx.net
Wed Oct 16 12:50:50 PDT 2002

> So let me ask, currently what is everyone working on?

Right now I am absolutely losing my mind working on a huge special event for my
mundane work.  It's on Friday November 15 and Saturday November 16.  Anybody
want to come and demonstrate spinning, weaving, whatever?  I keep telling
myself that it's no worse than autocrating Kings College, but I'm not exactly
telling myself the truth when I do that.  Jeez, I'll be glad when it's November
17th....

I'm also madly cleaning my house in preparation for a Garden Club meeting next
week.  I kid you not, I'm the youngest member by about 20 or 25 years.  I learn
lots of neat stuff from those ladies, though.

Spinning and weaving wise, I finally finished spinning and plying a whole bunch
of Jacobs and Karakul wool.  After I weave it into something it will be an
entry in Kingdom A&S.  I also just recently got some shetland fleeces for a
future project (more like several future projects).  I've gotten them all
washed and into heavy duty paper feed bags, so they are  safe for storage until
I'm ready to start spinning.  By the way, if any of you are having a hard time
finding large sized paper storage bags for your wool, they sell them as feed
bags here in Goliad at 35 cents a pop.  All my books say they are better for
storing wool than plastic bags (they breathe better, theoretically bugs don't
like munching on them very much, etc), so I figured I would give them a try.
We'll see if the moths find the fleeces or not!

Back to cleaning the house so the Garden Club ladies won't be shocked...
Corrinne