[Ansteorra-textiles] scottish bonnet??

Audette des Grenouilles audette at sapheron.org
Sat Oct 26 16:12:51 PDT 2002

My Lady,

Is there any chance you might be doing some kind of write up on the whole process?  This sounds like a really fun project, and I'd personally love to try something like it.  However, some bit of direction would be wonderfully helpful. :)

Audette

Victoria Owens <vmowens at airmail.net> said:
:Hi
:
:Its getting there.  I finished the store bought yarn prototype and I am still
:fulling it, it is no longer a glorified toliet seat cover.  I did several test
:swatches and I thought I had the vertical to horizontal shrinkage rate all figured
:out but it is a little off, hence the use of store bought yarn first.
:
:I have a picture of a 1580's Scottish bonnet along with a description of their
:manufacture as well as other images and tidbits on related knitted caps.  I'm
:trying to get of my duff and write the museum that has the piece to get its full
:provenance etc....
:
:Kestral
: