[Ansteorra-textiles] Some of Morgan's stuff

Gail gailh at fanninelectric.com
Thu Jul 10 08:16:14 PDT 2003

yes, Mam.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Audette des Grenouilles" <audette at sapheron.org>
To: "Spinners, weavers, knitters and other Textile makers in Ansteorra"
<ansteorra-textiles at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-textiles] Some of Morgan's stuff

> Galen,
>
> If you are curious about spinning linen (flax), and want to give it a try
> before going to the effort of growing it, I know that a place called Robin
and
> Russ based out of Oregon (I don't know the website off the top of my head,
but
> a google search should find them) carries flax roving.

I'll check it out.

I bought some to play
> with, and might even be convinced to part with some of it, if we end up at
an
> event together...  (too many projects on the go right now!)
>
> Audette

boy! don't I know how that goes! I've got embroidery, quilts and dresses
stacked on my sewing machine, right now.

> Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) <morgancain at earthlink.net> said:
> :Well, Galen, I know non-SCA spinners in your area; we have a team that
> :competes in Sheep-to-Shawl every year.   But I don't think any of the SCA
> :people up that way (you're not the only one!) spin.  I'm over on 121 east
of
> :75, and I wheel-spin, but I don't know that I can teach it.  See if you
can
> :hook up with Rhiannon at an event, since Tyler's a pretty good distance
from
> :hereabouts.
> :
> :Yep on the linen, and have you spoken to Gerita about the North Central
> :Regional Textiles Guild?

yes, I have.....Glaslyn is where I'm playing right now, because Dallas is
frequently too darned far to drive. Lady Franchesca (Esther) and I have
talked about the possibilities of a group on the *east* side of 75, but
right now.....thats kinda wishful thinking.......

  She is planning things with spinning, dyeing, and
> :has been looking into growing flax.
> :
> :
yes......I discussed growing flax to Lady Garita several months ago...I was
trying to find a source for fiber flax (as opposed to oil flax.)

Galen
                                     ---= Morgan