[Ansteorra-textiles] Distaffs

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 11 06:05:03 PDT 2003

At 03:20 AM 7/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I would like a copy, or a way to get the periodical in question.
>
>Esther

I can make the copy and it's in the current Summer 2003 Spin-Off. (which is
a great mag for spinners.  I saw it at Borders so if you live near one of
those you could maybe pick it up.  I own a ton of old issues and if there's
something some one wants research from I'm happy to look through
them.  When I first started buying them most of the articles were too
advanced for me, but over the years, I've gone back and realized how much
I've learned and what was unknown territory is currently more familiar.

I actually feel pretty good - I don't weave as much as I spin or think
about doing but I went over to help a friend set up her loom last
night.  She knows nothing besides getting Corrine to give her some
suggestions on books.  Anyway, I was able to look at the loom and figure
out the missing parts and what needed to be done to repair the stuff before
we started working on it.  Corrine is on this list and she does wonderful
weaving and dying so she may have recommendations for beooks for beginning
spinners and weavers. (plug).

Clare