[Ansteorra-textiles] Copyright info.

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 11 07:30:34 PDT 2003

At 09:12 AM 7/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > If it's available to be gotten, I'd prefer to go and buy it. I make my
> > living as a freelance writer (or try to!), so I'm sensitive to copyright.
>:-)
>
>I hope nobody thought I was too crisp against Clare's offer.  Like Esther, I
>make my living at this - but as one of the Evil IP Attorneys, not as a
>writer.  (Well, sometimes as a writer, but mostly for the glory, no money,
>very rare honoraria.)  Synergy always happens, it seems as if when one of my
>lists gets a blip about copyright and photocopying, so do several
>others......
>
>Sorry if I came across too much in lawyer mode on that one.
>
>And some of it *was* pure enthusiasm about all the other cool things in the
>Summer 2003 issue!

I don't think so.... Also the magazine is extremely difficult to find
sometimes is smaller cities and subscriptions are pricey.  So I offer from
that point.  The other point is equally valid.....  I view it as the fact
that if it's one article I don't mind much because it's similar to me going
to the library and photocopied the article out of a mag... for research or
to use at home if it's reserved.  If you wanted me to do the whole then I'd
have to refuse.  Technically it is a minor violation of copyright but one
that is more than often excused.
         Morgan does have a good point.  And I'm happy to cull subjects
from the out of print ones for people.... (I have Spin-off from like 1988)
so I feel like I'm a lending library or a research library.  I no longer
lend out but I will let you copy for your own personal use.

And Morgan's right - they have really cool info in it but then they always
do....
sigh

CLare