[Ansteorra-textiles] soay update

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 9 07:58:54 PDT 2003

Hi Soay fans;

The Soay will go for about 1.25 an ounce.  There were four of you
interested so I will divide the amount and can offer it in four four ounce
bundles from three sheep.  Will that be okay?  It will be about 5.00 for
the batch.  I'm going to turn around and send this to Kate (the owner) to
defray the cost of mailing.  Do you guys want me to see if she has more
fiber and is willing to sell it.  She's fairly nice and this time just
asked me to set my own price.  I'm charging myself the same amount.

I warn you guys it's pretty short stuff and may have to be blended if too
short to spin on it's own.  The nice thing is that it's a good color and
it's soft.

Let me know if you all are still interested, if you want four ounces and if
you want more or less.

I have some Romney, Shetland and some Salish I will be dividing out.  I may
have a couple of other breeds that I'm going to part with amounts of.  (and
some I have I would be willing to let people have but not in large amounts.
(grin). in case you're doing a sample book.

Clare