[Ansteorra-textiles] spinning fiber and other stuff

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 9 08:27:18 PDT 2003

Hi, y'all:

I'm not moving (I hope!), but have been doing a massive clean-out of fabric,
fiber, yarn, and etc.  I had an open house last weekend, some went away, but
there is more.  Would people be interested in the specifics?

The yarn ranges from chenille (mostly cotton) on cones to wool (varied
weights) to blends such as merino-cashmere (fairly fine) and mohair (which
is always blended in a commercial yarn).  Lots of gold <g>, but many other
colours as well, depending.  Some cottons and acrylics as well.

I have several packets of dyed spinning fiber and I think one not-dyed.
Also one cone of mostly wool yarn in natural white that can be dyed.

Some of the fabric is SCA-OK and some is for quilting and other eras.  I've
also got trim.

I cannot figure out how to make my email's webpage work or I would post
pictures, but I can describe them pretty well.  I won't be at Coronation
this weekend but can send things if people dibs them.

                                                        ---= Morgan

" One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
  exciting discoveries."                               ---=  A. A. Milne
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)