[Ansteorra-textiles] question A&S

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 21:55:26 PDT 2003

Clare,
  ". I realized sometimes people are critical because they are insecure about their own level and that they have to determine if you are better or worse than they are at something they are supposed to be good at ...."

    You are right, we must always remember that the judge is human too. Both as the judge and as the artisan we must remember." Am I saying this because of how I feel or because this is really the way it is?"

"maybe limited entrants so that they get more attention" I know of events that require letters of intent prior to the event. This really cuts down on the number of entrants and lets you prearrange your judges better. Person 'A' will be submitting a piece of two sided blackwork, so I need to get "Bob" to judge that piece because he knows Blackwork.

"where you gave points to people who worked on their stuff while at the event." Neat idea. It does reduce who all can compete though...Not everyone can carry their shop with them. But most can...I also like it when they can present their work in personae. Don Robert did that once where he while in personea created a nautical map for the judges and explained himself as he created a map for them.

Thank you for your ideas, and comments.

your servant,
mahee