[Ansteorra-textiles] Maru Dais

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 15 06:35:41 PDT 2003

Hello, y'all:

I don't know if anybody took the kumihimo class yesterday or is looking for
a maru dai.  We have a woodworker in Steppes who is willing to make them,
just a basic one out of plywood and dowels, for about $10.00 each.  He made
a bunch for the lady who teaches around here, and said there is economy of
scale to the price - the setup is the same whether he does one, six, or
twenty.

These are not fancy and elegant, but they do the job and are pretty nice.
His finishing is very smooth.

I thought I would see if other people want them, in which case I will ask
him to make more than one.

                                                    ---= Morgan

"In matters of style, swim with the current;
  in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
                                   ---= Thomas Jefferson
"If someone wants a sheep, then that means that he exists."
                 ---= Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "The Little Prince"
"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky."
                                    ---= Solomon Short