[Ansteorra-textiles] OT: Stolen Fiber Inventory in Michigan

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 07:30:37 PST 2003

If anybody knows spinners etc. in Midream/Michigan, they may already know but it never hurts to broadcast as widely as possible!

Subject: [KnitList]  OT: Stolen Fiber  Inventory in Michigan

Dear Knitters,

A member of the fiber community, Carolina Home Spun, has had a truck
heist with all her inventory stolen in Ann Arbor, Michigan this past
weekend. For those of you in the Michigan area, please be on the
lookout for individuals trying to "unload" a bunch of spinning
equipment. Please see below.

Thank you for all your help.

Jolen Gedridge
Wee Woolies by Jolen
www.weewoolies.com
jolen at earhtlink.net

We could really use your help to see if we can
track down a rental truck that contained a huge inventory of spinning,
knitting & weaving equipment & supplies that was stolen in Ann Arbor
last Friday night / Saturday morning (10/24-10/25). Here are the
details:

Please be on the lookout for stolen spinning wheels (Kromski, Lendrum,
Majacraft, Bosworth Charkas, Louet, Ashford, etc.), drum carders
(Strauch-Fricke Finest), combs and cards (a wide selection), drop
spindles (Bosworth, Vermont Spindle Co, Greensleeves, etc.), fiber
(Crosspatch, 3 Bags Full, Ewe to You, Windwools, and Blue Moon
Spinnery), Knitting needles (Brittany Birch, Bryspun, Crystal Palace,
Denise & Inox), Will Taylor skeinwinders, Lazy Kates, distaffs and
Niddy
Noddys, Harp and Hazel Rose Looms, and jewelry (spinning wheel,
weaving, and sheep related necklaces, earrings, etc.) that were stolen
from Carolina Homespun Friday night 10/24-10/25.

Morgaine was in transit between Rhinebeck and SOAR when her rental
truck
and entire show inventory were stolen from a motel parking lot (the
Red
Roof Inn) in Ann Arbor, MI. The thieves are probably unaware of what
they have, but if anyone should approach you attempting to sell these
items, please alert us (or the Ann Arbor Police Department, who seem
be taking this as just another stolen vehicle) immediately. The
missing
truck is a blue Budget rental truck (15 foot) with Oklahoma plates
2AN872. They also got most of Morgaine's clothes and personal items,
and she is quite devastated. She is continuing on to SOAR, and we are
hoping for quick and safe recovery of the truck and her merchandise.
We are hoping that someone will spot the truck, which has probably
been
abandoned by now.

If you have any questions or information, please call me at
1-800-450-7786.

Thank you for your support - I know the spinning /fiber community is
strong, and we really appreciate all of your help with this.

Lann Wilder
On behalf of
Morgaine

"Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something."
                                    ---= Thomas A. Edison
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."
                      ---= Jules de Gaultier
"I am not in this world to live up to other people's expectations,
  nor do I feel that the world must live up to mine."
                           ---= Fritz Perls
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)