[Ansteorra-textiles] Re: roll call

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Feb 19 12:18:27 PST 2004

It has been quiet around here!

Knit your mug of 100% wool, so it fulls really well.  Naturally, then,
you'd be making a mug the Jolly Green Giant would be proud of!  If you
know how to do round knitting, that makes a good bottom.  Essentially
it's knit about 3 stitches, join into a ring, then do an increase into
every stitch.  As your bottom gets larger, you'll have to probably
increase more than just one in each, until you're ready to come up the
sides.  I'm not sure about a handle for this mug.  I'll play with the
idea and see what comes of it, if you like.

What am I doing? About a million baldrics for the Chirurgeons and
Waterbearers, thrilled to pieces that the latter guild is organized, up,
and really truly running.

Sewing my heart out on a bunch of cotes for Gulf Wars.

Sewing More clothes for Tenchi Suiko.  You'd think three drawers-full
would be sufficient!

Working on programs for the Clothiers' and Textiles Guild that meets
here first Thursdays (Flower Mound).  Anyone got ideas or willing to
teach?

Working on class materials for 4 classes I'll be teaching at Lilies War.
And a demonstration.

Working on class materials for 6 classes I'll be teaching at Gulf War,
not one of which has a thing to do with fiber :-(

Finished a pair of mundane Valentines socks for myself, and started a
long-delayed sweater for my mother's goofy Dachshund.

TMI?

Be well,
Gerita

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross