[Ansteorra-textiles] roll call

Audette des Grenouilles audette at sapheron.org
Thu Feb 19 07:30:47 PST 2004

N.D. Wederstrandt <nweders at mail.utexas.edu> said:
:Since we're all being so quiet, I borrowed what the local Spinner's list
:does and I'm asking for a roll call.

<snip>

:I'm going to surprise Audette by showing up to the local guild here
:eventually.  She may expire in surprise.

Eek!  *thud*

It'd be great to see you out at the meetings.  They're a relatively small
gathering, but it's still fun.

As for what I've been up to lately, I've just finished a hat for a friend, and
I am working on a silk stocking of of the eleanor of toledo stocking pattern
published in TI a while back.  When I finally get it done, it'll be a favour
for my lord, but he doesn't know that yet.  :)  I even found some silk to use
to make it, though ended up using black due to my options being either black or
white...  White's not the best idea when I know it's going to be work out on
the field, and I really don't think I'm ready to experiment with dying on silk
thread...

The ever-in-progress sweater is sitting at the base of my stairs, looking
plaintively up at me every time I walk by, so it might find itself getting
picked up before long.  I'm down to the last sleeve.  Teach me to decide to do
an Aran knit sweater...

I plan on doing some more weaving soon.  I just took a belt off of my inkle
loom, and it's about time to start warping it again.

But, mostly I need to finish that stocking, because my lord asked me for a
favour _ages_ ago, and I finally came up with an idea that should work...

Audette