[Ansteorra-textiles] Re: Ansteorra-textiles Digest, Vol 7, Issue 3

Audette des Grenouilles audette at sapheron.org
Fri Jan 9 12:02:03 PST 2004

The Knitting Bug is rampant!  eek!  Protect yourselves!  Burn those needles and
lock up that yarn!

...  but what would we play with, then?

I got two new knitting books for Christmas.  Well.  OK.  I bought one of them
for myself, and the other one I would have if my Lord hadn't decided it would
make a perfect gift. *grin*

I finished the companion 7 hats to Catalina's, and am still trying to track
down all the recipients...

The niftiest knitting project I did over the holidays was a pair of trigger
mittens for my Lord.  He asked me for some, and even found me a pattern.  They
knit up _really_ quickly!  Now his hands will stay nice and toasty when he goes
for guard weekends.

Now I'm playing with one of the knitting books I got, and I'm playing with aran
patterns.  It's a nice cable, and a scarf is just the thing to try it out on.

I'm also thinking of putting together a knitting class specifically geared
towards heavy fighters.  I had two of them come up to me over the holidays and
ask me to teach them knitting!

Who all will be at Coronation this weekend?  Anyone interested in sitting down
and doing some knitting?  Maybe show off the current project and/or patterns
acquired over the holidays?

Audette

Lady Catalina Ana de Salamanca <catalina at ravenkeep.org> said:
:
:>
:>What's everyone else doing?
:>
:>Regards,
:>
:>Clare
:>
:KNITTING!!
:I got 3 new knitting books over the holidays and am currently walking up
:to total strangers to ask to examine thier sweaters and hats. I finished
:the 7 hats for Christmas gits and can't seem to stop myself. Today I
:found out that my fab new Black and Gold hat in the making is really
:navy blue. @&#* sunlight:)
:Anybody not in thrall to the yarn?
:~Catalina
: